Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall is here!

I absolutely love fall! Not as much as summer but fall a close second. Last night I had my first piece of pumpkin pie this season! I've had my pumpkin spice lattes and have been burning my pumpkin candles. I cannot WAIT for the annual turkey dinner! I don't know how long I've been going but now it is definitely something that I do every year with my family. This year it will be different because Joyce won't be here! Joyce was one of the first people I met at Liberty and I had no idea that she would become one of my best friends. She has come to the turkey dinner every year since we were 18 but now she's back in Saipan for a few years so she obviously won't make it. Last year Mariely also joined us for the festivities:) Fall seems to start the busy times that roll right into winter and then we are busy doing Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff. I am working hard this year to take time and enjoy the beautiful mountains and the colors of the leaves. We are going on our first hiking trip tomorrow and I cannot wait! I feel like there is no better way to see God's glory and His beautiful creation than seeing the mountains and all the details in the changing of the leaves. God is such an artist and I am excited to take in his masterpiece tomorrow!



Joyce, Jayem, and Marco at the Turkey Dinner 2009

Mom and Mariely at the Turkey Dinner 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment