Monday, October 11, 2010

Adventures, Friendships, and Loving Others

So hiking was definitely an experience! I did not particularly enjoy being out of breath while we hiked up and up to the top of the mountain; however, it was pretty amazing once we got to the top. We were hiking up "The Priest" and at one point, Dane told me that it was flat from there so I felt reenergized...but it definitely wasn't flat from the time he made that comment! The view from the top was incredible. I wish more of the leaves would have been changed already but it was still beautiful. We were looking down on all the trees that form the mountains and could still see more mountains in the distance. We really live in an awesome place. 


I feel really blessed to have so many great people in our lives. I hear so many people our age wishing they went to a church that had more "20 somethings" or "young married couples" to hang out with and go through life together. I feel that we've really found that at our church and we are making great friends that we'll be sharing our life with as we grow old together! I love our married friends from our church and I love our single friends from our school days. I only wish everyone lived closer! It's amazing to me how friendships change as you change. I have some friends that have been with me since what feels like forever...other friends only came into my life a few years ago but I know they'll be there forever and I'll be there for them. God has placed these people in our lives for a reason and it is fun thinking about each moment that you've shared together and realizing that God had that specific event written out before we even met. 
Tiffany and Me at the Patriots Game in
New England. January 1, 2006


Grad school/traveling girls in Paris 2008

Bachelorette Party in DC!


Anyway...onto another thought. I have a Bible that goes in chronological order (which is pretty cool to understand things from a different perspective) and the other day I was reading in Daniel. Daniel 12:1 says, "But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued" referring to the end times and Daniel 12:3 says, "Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever."  Those of you who know me know that I have a thing for stars. I've never paid attention to these verses but it hit me that the Christians who really stand out are the ones who don't care what others think and really seek people out to lead them to Christ. I've been praying that God would make me uncomfortable and send me to someone who needs to hear about God so that I can show that person the love of Christ. We don't have to be annoying and chase people around to tell them about God by holding up our signs and telling them about hell and their sins. It would be much more effective if our daily lives reflected that of Christ and if we were open enough to listen to them when they needed to talk and be there for them by loving them and praying for them. That's my new personal challenge. Feel free to join me:) 


Here are some lyrics that I heard for the first time today. I wonder if I heard them because of my new challenge. It seems like a great way to explain the love of Christ to someone who is drowning in their guilt and past sins. 

You Are More by Tenth Avenue North 

'Cause this is not about what you've done, 
But what's been done for you. 
This is not about where you've been, 
But where your brokenness brings you to 
This is not about what you feel, 
But what He felt to forgive you, 
And what He felt to make you loved. 
You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes, 
You are more than the problems you create, 
You've been remade.

1 comment: