Sunday, March 27, 2011

Zambia, here I come!

Well, in case you haven't heard since my last post, I'm going to Zambia!! I'm going with my dad which is something I've always wanted to do, especially since he went on a trip with Tara and Eric. We are leaving for Zambia on July 7th and returning on the 21st. We have over $4,000 to raise between now and then so we definitely have our work cut out for us! In the middle of all of that, I am still taking a class, studying for my GRE (which I realized yesterday is this upcoming Saturday), and working full-time. I'm counting down the days until our Gatlinburg trip so we can just lay around and relax, enjoying each other's company:)

Here are some upcoming fundraisers for anyone who is local and is willing to support our team as we embark on this adventure! The next fundraiser is:

April 16th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Stuarts Draft Fire House
We are selling BBQ Chicken halves for $4.00. We have tickets to sell ahead of time if anyone is interested.

Another fundraiser will be a yard sale on May 21st. I will post more details on the place and time when I know where it is!

I have heard of other creative fundraising ideas from people outside of our church...keep those ideas coming! We can use all of the help we can get:)

Thanks for supporting our Zambia mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment