Friday, March 11, 2011

The 11 weeks of craziness are over!

How exciting!! The "11 weeks of craziness" started December 27th when I started a one-week intensive. I completed that class and returned to Lynchburg the following Monday to start another class. Then I started three classes on January 17th (happy 2nd anniversary to us!!). These 8 weeks included the organization and implementation of a school counseling program, issues and trends in exceptionality, and curriculum theory. We had a check list on the refrigerator so I could cross items off with each assignment that was completed. I'm very thankful to have such an encouraging husband. He's good at pushing me when my motivation is lacking. My parents are also super helpful by proofreading my big papers. I couldn't do it without their support! I've added 15 credits to my transcript in 11 weeks! It was crazy at times but it was worth it:) I have one week off and then I start one more class!

During the last 11 weeks, I finished my chronological Bible. I am excited to have read the whole Bible but I still feel like I don't know anything! The chronological Bible was an easy way to read and it was definitely interesting because it gives you a different perspective since it is time-oriented. Since I finished that, I've started doing my own study on "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. This study is really good and I enjoy it for the most part! I don't like it so much when it puts me in my place and I realize there is so much more I could be doing to serve God.

Tara and the girls came down for a visit in February. I love seeing them and I wish they lived closer! The girls are getting so big...Cate turns SEVEN next week. I can't believe it!!

Softball season is getting ready to start up!! This is my favorite time of year:) I LOVE being outside and watching the guys from church attempt to play softball. I'm so looking forward to those games and enjoying drinks from Sonic afterward:)

We have some upcoming trips to look forward to also! We're going to Gatlinburg, TN in April and New Jersey to visit Tiffany and Tristan in June. Mariely comes home in June so who knows where all we will go but there's a possibility of going to Charleston, SC in July with my travel BFFs! I am super excited that the school year is coming to a close. It has been a great year so far but boy am I ready for summer!

Ava and Cate at Cracker Barrel


My checklist. 199 assignments after I finished the 2 "check-in" assignments- 201 total!!
I can't wait to take a trip with the girls!! It's been since June 2010 which is way to long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment