Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone!! It doesn't seem like it should already be January or 2011! Time is flying by!

Week one of classes are over! All post-work is submitted and another three credits are completed! I start my EDUC 741- Theories of Educational Development at 9:00 am Monday morning!

I always enjoy my solo rides home from Lynchburg because it's a great time to think and unwind! Yesterday I drove home and listened to various cds and radio stations. When I was close to Staunton, I turned on Spirit fm. It finally hit me that I think God might speak to me through song lyrics. I've been one of those people who gets frustrated when people tell you to "listen for God" because I feel like I never hear him! BUT...yesterday all these songs came on in a row came on that had certain lines that seemed like there was no doubt they were for me. It's like God is the dj and he knows I'm listening:) I'll post some of those lyrics for you too:)

The first is from "Mountain of God" by Third Day
Even though the journey's long,
and I know the road is hard.
Well the one who's gone before me,
He will help me carry on.
And after all that I've been through,
now I realize the truth
that I must go through the valley
to stand upon the Mountain of God.


I've had a pretty incredible life and haven't had many "valley's" to go through; however, I was processing all the schooling to get to my goal of counseling children and it hit me that I have to go through all of the necessary hoops in order to reach my full potential!


The other song was "Lay it Down" by Jaci Velasquez 


So I’m gonna lay it down
I’m gonna learn to trust You now
What else can I do
Everything I am depends on You
And if the sun don’t come back up
I know Your love will be enough
I’m gonna let it be, I’m gonna let it go
I’m gonna lay it down



This came on at the perfect time as I was reflecting and beginning to stress about all of the new information I learned in the past week about necessary things to do before completing my internship and degree. It will work out the way God intended and there is nothing I can do so there is no reason to become overwhelmed.

God is good! I'm excited to start the 2011 year and see what all it brings:)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job and will be a great counselor.
    Also, I'm also kind of like "grr" when people say listen to His voice. Well, I've learned that He talks to me a lot through my sister and mom. It's neat how He even personalizes the way He talks to us.

    ReplyDelete