Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Answered prayers

So first of all, I'm really bad about blogging. I get an idea and think, 'I should blog about that' and then I never do. Well here's a short one...

Sometimes I forget to pray about little things...pretty often actually. I'm usually quick to act and try to take care of things or just stress about them for hours or sometimes even days and then ask myself why I haven't prayed about the situation yet. Last week I tried to pray about little things or things about which I had no control and God answered them! Here are some examples:

I prayed Brian and Cate would feel better so that my sister and her family could come to Virginia and surprise my parents on Christmas...they felt better (or decent) and they drove down on Christmas Day.

I prayed that Tara would get to my parents house before my parents did on the night of Christmas...and they did, by about ten minutes.

I prayed that the apple store would replace Luther's phone with no issue since the button had stopped working a week before and he dropped it in water before we could get to the apple store for the button issue. First of all, the phone turned back on with no problem (answered prayer) and the apple store replaced it within ten minutes of us being there. Praise God!

I prayed that the 'storm' coming Friday night and Saturday morning wouldn't be much at all so that the rest of our family could come visit while Tara was down...the storm missed our area and the radar map literally showed a split in the storm that caused it to miss us completely. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we got to spend the day with my aunt and uncle and cousins from South Carolina.

God answers prayers, big and small, especially when we ask him:)

No comments:

Post a Comment